Spring Background

Friday, February 25, 2011

Always Growing...

When a vision happens, it's rare that its entirety will come at once. Rather it's a growth process. A sprout here, a blossom there.

Well this week both happened.

I was driving to my mom's house using the back streets I am not fond of. Personally, it just takes way to long. Turns out, I went that way for a reason, and being stopped at every single red light gave me plenty of time to think. H.O.P.E 'n Motion represents many things. But it hit me like a brick how true that was in this circumstance.

Case of ESV Bibles
 Sunday at church (Harvest Christian Fellowship), I went into the bookstore to find that they had ESV bibles on sale. $1 each. For both Old and New Testament. Can it get any better?? In that moment I said to someone I was with, 'I wish I could buy these to give to the homeless we see.' Well, a few days later, on this long drive to mom's, there was a man, sign in hand. The type I wish I had those bibles for. The rest of the drive my mind went hyper-speed. How to expand the vision I had, and what to do in the mean time. The time before I could do everything I wanted.

Sample of the 'Handout'

So what did I come to...


We will take fabric of all kinds (we have started with large pieces of left overs), and make them into bags. Its a draw-string style backpack. Easy, simple, and cost-effective. Inside the bag sits a bottle of water, a granola bar (or other snack), and a bible. There will be a note inside that is a very simple blurb of H.O.P.E., as well as a church card, and a prayer. We will carry them in our cars at all times, cause in today's economy, you never know when you may need them.

Hope 'n Motion will be helping overcome poverty's existence while in motion...

How you can help:
Pray. We will pray over each bag as it is made, that it goes into the right hands and that hearts are prepared for whatever the Lord is seeking to do in the recipient.
Hand-Out. If you would like to be a part of this process, please contact us at hopenmotion@gmail.com.
Donate. We have purchased a box of these bibles, and would love to purchase more before this 'deal' is over. Above this blog, on the right side of the page, you will see a "Donate" button. You can help financially to purchase bibles, goods to go in the bag, or simply help us to move this vision forward.

Thanks for helping us help others!!

1 comment:

  1. Bambs I love this idea! One of my friends in college used to do this. His were ziploc bags and included some of the same things, I like the idea of making it even nicer looking with the bags. Love your vision, Nicole

    ReplyDelete